Journey of Dwarves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Lvl: 99
HP:
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Left_bar_bleue999/999The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)
https://journeyofdwarves.forumotion.com

The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Empty The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm

Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:14 am
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Dwarf_11

A great hall, the walls lined with floor to ceiling carvings of ancient dwarven heroes. In the middle, pillars rise up two by two, an ornate carpet in-between. At the end of this path, a raised platform overlooks the splendor of the room, with in the middle, the throne of the mighty city of Zigil-Dûm. Upon this throne sits the great king and legendary hero: Oscar Brightshield.

Some very troublesome news has reached the ears of King Brightshield. He has requested to call upon the bravest amongst his subjects to investigate. Just now, they arrive before him.

The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Oscar_11
King Brightshield
With a booming voice, the king speaks. "Who of my noble subjects has heeded my call? Who is it that appears before me?"
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Name: Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Lvl:
HP:
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Left_bar_bleue17/17The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Empty_bar_bleue  (17/17)

The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Empty Re: The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm

Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:24 am
Waving enthusiastically, and bowing theatrically, Gunderson introduces himself:
"Gunderson Dwarvenbanger, your lowness."
A brief flash of flame erupts from his fingertips when he says his name, as he ignites a piece of flash paper.
Erlanger Dungrath
Erlanger Dungrath

Character sheet
Name: Erlanger Dungrath
Lvl:
HP:
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Left_bar_bleue12/12The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:17 am
“And, ummm, me! Your highness sir! For I am Erlanger Dungrath, at your service.”

Looking to also be impressive, Erlanger removes his pistol from its holster, aims it up, and pulls the trigger.  The explosion creates a deafening sound that echoes the great hall while small ceiling debris rains down on Erlanger’s stetson.
derputmeister@hotmail.com

Character sheet
Name: Darann Flashheart
Lvl:
HP:
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Left_bar_bleue13/13The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:07 pm
With a heavy thunk, a rather young-looking dwarf clad in perfectly polished shiny heavy armor sets down his massive battle hammer.
He drops down to one knee and removes his helmet. In a heavy, loud voice he answers.

Darann wrote:"My liege! I, sir Darann Flashheart have come to answer your summons!"

Behind him, there stand 3 skinny halflings, all dressed in identical simple uniforms. One of them is holding a long pole with a banner depicting balanced scales resting on a Warhammer.
Another is laden with household items. The third is holding a shield and a variety of weaponry.

Darann wrote:"I am ready to serve you, my king. In whatever capacity required!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Left_bar_bleue999/999The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:32 pm
Aside from the three dwarves who have introduced themselves, a burly barbarian stands next to them. His solemn silence speaks for itself.

King Brightshield
King Brightshield nods in approval. "This truly is the best of the best from this mighty city!" He strokes his beard as he looks each and every one over one more time. "As you must have noticed, the miners have stopped digging. Last night, there was a rumble in the new shaft, and none who were digging there, have returned. I have sent a patrol of guards to check it out. They didn't return either. I have summoned the best of the best here to bestow upon them the task of investigating the new mineshaft. I am certain you will not fail the good citizens of this fine city."

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Left_bar_bleue13/13The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)

Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:55 pm
Drannar Grumbles beneath his breath "I bet it's goblins. Those dirty, filthy creatures are always digging tunnels and stinking up the place".
He stands up and lifts his Warhammer above his head.

My king! These fine dwarves and I will venture down into the mines. We will sniff out whatever vile creatures have dared enter our realm, and we will crush them!.

Drannar waves his Warhammer above his head to emphasize the amount of force he will use to crush his enemies.
He then turns towards his companions and yells.

For Tyr, for Zigil-DUm, FOR THE KING!
Thrazar Axestone
Thrazar Axestone

Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:34 am
Thrazar bows as low as he is able.

"Your highness, Thrazar Axestone at your service. I am ready to coat my blades with the blood of all who oppose you."
Erlanger Dungrath
Erlanger Dungrath

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Left_bar_bleue12/12The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:34 am
That's right, King Brightshield, we will hunt down whoever, or whatever is causing the rumble! We will find what stopped our good brothers from working,

Erlanger says while patting Drannar on the shoulder.  He stops and holds up his hand and asks with apprehension in his voice,

Quick question though, how new were these guards you sent down?  New recruits?

Erlanger holsters his pistol, stands up a little more straight, and musters some bravado back in his voice,

Not that it's a big deal. The four of us can handle this with no problem.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:40 am
King Brightshield
"As you know, we never send pure rookies on patrol. We always have patrols of at least one veteran guard, and one rookie. This particular patrol consisted out of two veterans and three rookies. It's a bigger patrol than normal, on par with the ones circling the main square when a dubious caravan arrives."
Erlanger Dungrath
Erlanger Dungrath

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:47 pm
Yes, of course. That’s what I figured.

Erlanger looks to his fellow dwarven adventurers to make sure they are ready and says to King Brightshield,

if there is nothing else, I believe we are ready to investigate.
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Left_bar_bleue17/17The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Empty_bar_bleue  (17/17)

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:41 pm
There is a brief flash of flame and a cloud of non-magical smoke appears surrounding Gunderson. When the smoke clears, Gunderson is no longer in the great hall. When the others leave the hall, they find Gunderson waiting for them in the next room, juggling idly.

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:10 am
Drannar motions at the 3 halflings standing behind him and says.

Alright boys, we're moving out

The first halfling carrying the banner stomps it on the ground 3 times. They then follow Drannar single file as he begins walking to the door. Right before exiting the hall Drannar turns around and takes a deep bow towards the king.
The halfling carrying the banner did not expect this move and bumps into Drannar almost knocking him to the ground. Drannar throws him a stink eye but says nothing.
As he exits the hall Drannar turns towards his dwarven companions.

To the mines we go then, We will take care of those filthy Goblins and be back in time for lunch, or maybe dinner, definitely in time for dinner!
Thrazar Axestone
Thrazar Axestone

Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:45 am
Thrazar sees the vanishing act Gunderson puts on and hopes he doesn't disappear when the action starts.

Let's keep track of the kills, lads. Loser buys a round of ale.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:40 am
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Dwarf_12

Everyone quickly makes their way to the mines, and further to the new mine shaft. From the tunnel, a faint red glow can be seen. A soft bubbling can be heard, and the smell of sulfur and ashes fill your noses. As you step in, a dry heat surrounds you. It fills your hearts with joy. The lava river discovered here is sure to allow the city to expand further, providing heat and forge fire to new districts. From time to time, the tunnel opens up on one side or another, allowing for a view of the fiery stream, lazily bubbling along far below.

Several flights of stairs lead you lower and lower, as the heat gets more and more intense. Eventually, you're walking alongside the meandering magma. Now and then, between the bubbling sounds of the hellfire, a faint chittering and giggling can be heard. As you get further and further, these sounds grow louder and more frequent, until you reach a bridge across the lava, and across from it emerge a handful of goblins. They look at you, then at each other. Screeching excitedly, they jump up and down and charge! There's no way to go further to the end of the tunnel, but past the bridge and these goblins.

Please roll for initiative.

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:42 pm
Having said goodbye to his halfling servants at the entrance of the mine, Drannar is heading down the shaft. He only brought his heavy maul for this expedition, no way will he need the extra protection of his shield.
As they walk along the river of molten rock, Drannar starts sweating profusely. His heavy plate armor makes him feel like he's sitting in a tiny oven.

Hearing the faint chittering and giggling, his pulse rises and he can't suppress a smile. He takes his maul from his back and puts it on his shoulder, ready for action.

Seeing the goblins, Drannar immediately charges forward, lifting his maul high above his head, ready to strike down on the goblins.

I knew it! Every stinking time it's stinking Goblins stinking up the place! Stand fast companions! We will make them wish they never crawled out of their dirty little holes!

Code:
Initiative roll: 19
Erlanger Dungrath
Erlanger Dungrath

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:36 pm
Looks like your instincts were right.

Erlanger unholsters his pistol and loads a bullet.

Initiative: 14
Thrazar Axestone
Thrazar Axestone

Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:45 am
Thrazar sees the goblins ahead and pulls out his warpick in anticipation of quickly getting some action.

Initiative: 7
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:52 pm
You look fat in that outfit of scraps of cloth!
Gunderson calls out to the nearest Goblin, as he unsheaths his rapier.

Vicious Mockery: 1 damage and disadvantage on next attack. Wis save for all

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:24 pm
Unable to make it all the way to the goblins, Drannar stands at the ready to attack any goblin that comes into range of his mighty maul.

Code:
Holding action: attack
8 to hit, 10 dmg
Erlanger Dungrath
Erlanger Dungrath

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:35 pm
Erlanger steps out from behind Gunderson and aims his pistol at the goblin across from him. Once in the sights, Erlanger pulls the trigger, anticipating the powerful kickback of his weapon.

*click*

Gods damnit! Stupid thing jammed again.

Roll: 1 + 4. [Crit Fail]
This is a misfire and, on my next turn, if I want to use the pistol again in combat I have to roll a tinker check [DC is 8 + misfire score (1)]. On a success, it's fixed. On a fail, it's broken and I must wait until after combat to mend it.

Thrazar Axestone
Thrazar Axestone

Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:17 am
Thrazar steps up next to Drannar, ready to attack any of the goblins that step forward.
Thrazar Axestone
Thrazar Axestone

Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:59 am
Thrazar sees a goblin advance on him and takes a swing with his war pick.

Attack roll-17
Damage-5
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:02 am
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm Dwarf_13Seeing the goblins at the other side of the bridge, Gunderson Dwarvenbanger releases a stream of profanity in an attempt to intimidate the goblins. It's littered with references unknown to the greenskins, however, so they just blink in confusion for a moment.

In the meantime, Erlanger readies his guns and shoots. He's a bit too far away, however, and the bullets lodge themselves in the stonework beneath the goblins' feet.

Sir Darann Flashheart and Thrazar Axestone, in the meantime, rush onto the bridge, blocking the path of the goblins who are doing the same thing. Darann swings at the goblin, who steps aside. He blocks any space of the goblin next to him for dodging. With a hefty cleave, Thrazar seizes this opportunity and cuts a gash from shoulder to hip across the goblin's torso. The little green creature is bleeding profoundly, but is still hanging in there, albeit barely so. The goblins try to return the favour, but both just clumsily wave their scimitars in the air.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:16 pm
With the wall of stout dwarves now separating Gunderson from the threat of goblin scimitars, Gunderson begins to feel a little bit braver and moves forward a few steps as he continues to spew hate towards the goblin in the back.

Hey, little weakling goblin in the back. Afraid of a little combat? Go home to your mommy where it's safe!

Gunderson may be doing a little bit of projecting...

vicious mockery for 4 damage. Wisdom save DC 12

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:15 pm
Drannar grumbles between his teeth "Stand still you little shit" as he puts his heavy iron boot on the toes of the goblin in front of him so he can't move away.
He then lifts his maul over his head as high as he can and drops it down on the goblin's head while screaming in his face.
DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Code:
attack: 16
dmg: 9
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum