Journey of Dwarves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Twelve
Twelve

Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold

Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:05 pm
Twelve backs off from the flanking position as the conversation ongoes. He listens to Darann and laughs at all the right places. Erlanger's question makes him perk up,
Who goes missing? Men? Women? Children?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Lvl: 99
HP:
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue999/999Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)
https://journeyofdwarves.forumotion.com

Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Empty Re: Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold

Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:19 pm
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Waldo10
Waldo
"Earlier this year, Barry, a 20-something year old from the slums went there and hasn't been seen since. This happens every few months or so, whenever someone goes there. Last it was Barry, before it was old Suzy. Before her, it were Jake and Cynthia. The list goes on. There's been disappearances for as long as I can remember, and for as long as my pappy can remember. They're very much real. The monsters, on the other hand..."

Waldo chuckles.

"Who would believe there's any monsters there? Some say it's a hulking beast with a thousand fangs and claws. Others say it's a spiked serpent, snaking around the thick foliage. Yet others claim it's the ghost of a shipwrecked pirate. They're all preposterous! If nobody has gone there and returned, how would anyone know if there's a monster, let alone what it looks like?"

The guard rubs his chin.

"We did send some investigation parties once in a while, but they never actually found anything. The first few went during daytime. You know, arrive in the morning, leave before tea. They found nothing. No signs of anything or anyone. The next few parties arrived at dusk and search til dawn. They as well didn't find anything. There's one or two parties that went for a multiple day search. They disappeared as well. Since then, we stopped the searches there. We either find nothing, or our men disappear. Either way, we just stay out of there, and so does everyone else. Problem solved as well... Until those dancing girls decided to go there."
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Name: Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Lvl:
HP:
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue17/17Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (17/17)

Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:30 pm
"How were the girls planning to get out to the isles. It doesn't sound like there's a regular ferry ride out there."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue999/999Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)

Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:47 pm
Waldo
"It is too far to swim, that's true, and ever since the investigations stopped, city council removed all ferries. People who still go there, either have a small boat themselves, or they pay a fisherman from the slums to take them there, and agree on a pickup. The fishermen themselves don't land close to the island, but there's shallow water around it where even a child can wade through."
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue17/17Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (17/17)

Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:56 pm
"Do you know how the girls were planning to get out there?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:01 pm
Waldo
"I told them the same as I told you. There's no ferries. Only way is from a fisherman from the slums."

Waldo's eyes go wide for a moment as he gasps in realization.

"Maybe I should stop telling people from outside the city that!"
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:16 pm
Gunderson nods. "That may be a good idea going forward. Can you point us to the slums where we may speak with some fishermen?"
Twelve
Twelve

Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:18 pm
What's the fastest way to the docks?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:53 am
Waldo
"You want to go to the slums? It's the southern and south-western most parts of town. If you go there, stay away from the part between the artist guild and the Drunken Wench. We guards avoid going there if at all possible, as it's especially rough. The part between the artists and artisans guilds, and the river, is where you'll find fishermen."
Twelve
Twelve

Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:34 pm
Are we going to go try to save them then lads?
Twelve looks from Gunderson to Erlanger.
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:46 pm
Gunderson nods.

"Aye. Let's go. I need to be back here for my performance tonight. Thanks, Waldo."
Erlanger Dungrath
Erlanger Dungrath

Character sheet
Name: Erlanger Dungrath
Lvl:
HP:
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue12/12Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:04 pm
Save damsels in distress? Seems like the right thing to do.

derputmeister@hotmail.com

Character sheet
Name: Darann Flashheart
Lvl:
HP:
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue13/13Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)

Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:15 pm
Feeling excluded, Darann wriggles in between Erlanger and Gunderson.

Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:29 pm
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Dwarve15

Going south isn't too difficult, and soon everyone arrives at the slums. A tangle of endlessly twisting, tiny roads, covered in a mud whose smell you desperately try to keep out of your nose, soon make you lose all sense of direction. Everywhere, there's distant chatter, footsteps splashing in the mire, and the occasional animal barking, meowing or squeeking. You know to stay in the "good" part of the slums, and to stay away from the "bad" part, but... after all the twists and turns, and dilapidated shack after dilapidated shack, you don't even know where you currently are.

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue13/13Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)

Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:43 pm
Darann has traded his shield and war hammer for the huge maul. He squints his eyes and looks around menacingly, to deter any would-be bandits from messing with them.
Anyone who looks at Darann or his party for longer than a second or two is met with the "I'm keeping my eye on you" gesture of Darann pointing to his own eyes, then to the onlooker.
Erlanger Dungrath
Erlanger Dungrath

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue12/12Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:01 pm
Hey Darann, maybe you should ask one of these fine slummers where the artist guild and Drunken Wench is so we can properly stay clear of there as our oddly dressed friend has recommended.

Erlanger keeps, what he considers, an uncowardly safe distance behind Darann. While walking, he takes out Munk and imbues it with magic. Its gears begin to spin and small mechanical noises emits from the robot.

Munk, help me keep an eye out for any danger.
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:12 pm
Gunderson keeps an eye out for a slummer who doesn't seem likely to be aggressive, and approaches him/her.

"Excuse me sir/ma'am. We are a bit turned around. Could you please point us towards the docks? The part between the artists and artisans guilds, and the river.

Incidentally, have you seen a group of dwarves come through here earlier today who looked like maybe they were a bit out of place?"
Twelve
Twelve

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:34 pm
Twelve takes a gap about ten foot wide away from the group in the slums and makes himself look more in keeping with the inhabitants. Having recently been living in the slums, before the monks took him in, this is something he thinks he can manage.

Trying to look like a thief hunting the adventurers, whenever someone else looks at them as a target, he uses thieves' cant to warn them off, quickly running through the hand signals for [mine] [target] [gold] [comrade].

Gunderson Dwarvenbanger likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:44 pm
Darann's stomping around, glaring at everyone scares most of the folks away. Those who aren't, seem to think it best to stay away from anyone clearly about to get mugged. Eventually, Gunderson manages to flag down a couple passing by. An old, human man in raggedy clothes and a young dwarf who looks like he's seen better days and looks equally lost as your group, turn towards you. The old man takes the word.

Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 3 Dwarf_26
Old human slummer
"G'day mista. Ya wonna gaw watch dem visheys, daw ya? Dis vine geddlemun 'ere woz jus owskin abat it thuw. Ez lukkin' ver sum dworves who luk loyk alvz! Can ya imagine?!"

He pauses, clearly waiting for any sort of reaction to the dwarves looking like elves thing, giving you a toothy grin of exactly three teeth.
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:45 pm
"Aye. That's the group of dwarves that we're looking for as well." Gunderson narrows his eyes at dwarf standing near the old man. "Why are you looking for them?"
Erlanger Dungrath
Erlanger Dungrath

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:56 pm
Erlanger sees Twelve skulking behind and very confused by his act.
Twelve
Twelve

Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:04 pm
Twelve continues past the group and takes up position in the shadows of a slum behind the older man, his hand on a dagger beneath his over-shirt.

If Twelve notices Erlanger's confusion, he will attempt to placate him using eyes or hand-cant, a part of the thieves' cant: [ally] [guard] [watchful] [take care]
Baruk
Baruk

Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:42 pm
Baruk smiles warmly at Gunderson "I've traveled a long way here, and when I arrived I met the troupe.  I got to talking with them and they told me about a nice quiet place I could relax, and they were going to guide me there... good lot they are.  I was supposed to meet up with them, but... well I couldn't make it to the meeting spot on time.  They must have left without me.  Were you going with them also?"
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:16 pm
Gunderson frowns. "No, we were not planning to join them. We heard that they have gone missing, and we thought it sounded like they may be in trouble. We talked to a guard, who told us that the island you were planning to go to with them is dangerous and is the site of a lot of unexplained disappearances in the area. Apparently, he still advises out of towners to go to the island." Gunderson rolls his eyes. "So, now we are heading out to the island to try to find the troupe before they are added to the list of unexplained disappearances. But, we seem to have gotten turned around."

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:31 pm
Darann mumbles to himself.
For a cursed island of certain death there sure isn't a shortage of people who want to stroll around in that place

Erlanger Dungrath likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum