Journey of Dwarves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
derputmeister@hotmail.com

Character sheet
Name: Darann Flashheart
Lvl:
HP:
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue13/13Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)

Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Empty Re: Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold

Tue May 10, 2022 8:36 pm
Darann stares at Gunderson while he talks to him and then mutters.
aha
A few more seconds go by and he continues, while pointing to the man he just tied up.
You're sure about that? Just that one there or all of them?
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Name: Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Lvl:
HP:
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue17/17Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (17/17)

Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Empty Re: Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold

Tue May 10, 2022 8:44 pm
"I assume all of them. I wasn't in the store room with you. Did there seem like there was a whole lot of other food in there for people to be subsisting on?
Either way, that seems like a question for someone else to figure out. We should get back to the mainland and let Waldo know about these people. The police can sort the rest out."

Gunderson wonders how they will transport these people to the mainland. He considers that they must have some sort of cart or something to transport their food into the store room in the first place. He looks around for a suitable cart.

"Did you see a cart of some kind that we could use to transport these people back to the boat, when you guys were in the kitchen and storeroom areas?" Gunderson asks Darann and Twelve, if he doesn't see a cart in the main area.

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue13/13Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)

Tue May 10, 2022 10:04 pm
As the reality of the situation begins to sink in, Darann says in a loud voice.
Transport them back to the boat? The police?
Darann grabs his war hammer, now visibly becoming angrier and angrier.
How about we give these bastards a one-way ticket to hell?! Courtesy of all the good people they lured into this cave!
Twelve
Twelve

Tue May 10, 2022 11:54 pm
I don't like being on the water... I'll be buggered if I'll be on it with these dwarf-eaters.
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue17/17Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (17/17)

Thu May 12, 2022 9:26 pm
Gunderson shrugs. "You can murder them if you want. I'm not going to lose sleep over it. But they are tied up and at your mercy. Handing them to the authorities to deal with properly seems more humane than crushing the skulls of bound prisoners."
Twelve
Twelve

Thu May 12, 2022 10:21 pm
We're not killing them for no reason
Twelve states as he heads to the nearest door.
Now lets have a look for some supplies. Not the meat kind!

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Thu May 12, 2022 11:15 pm
Darann is getting more and more agigated
What ya mean no reason!!! They eat people! They were gonna eat those fine Dwarven men here!
He turns to Gunderson
The authorities as you call em are just as likely to let em go as they are to put em in jail. I say we make sure their poor victims get their justice here and now!
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Thu May 12, 2022 11:24 pm
Gunderson shrugs again.
"If murdering them will make you feel better, I'm not going to stop you. But, it would be murder. And it would be murder of prisoners that are at your mercy."

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Fri May 13, 2022 9:49 am
By now Darann is enraged but also seems conflicted. He walks to the cave dweller, removes his gag, and cuts the rope used to tie him up. He then pushes a javelin into his hands.
Darann quickly moves to the exit door, stands in front of it, and says.
How about it people-eater, you're free to go! All you gotta do is get past me and head out this door.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Lvl: 99
HP:
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue999/999Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)
https://journeyofdwarves.forumotion.com

Sat May 21, 2022 1:28 pm
As Darann is tying up the screaming lady up alongside the other cave dwellers, Twelve puts the baby in its high chair.

DARANN
Darann then frees the chatty man with a tad too much attitude and shoves a javelin in his hand.

Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Dwarf_29
Cave dweller
The cave dweller slowly puts the javelin down, clearly not trusting the situation he was put in. He does not break eye contact with Darann at all. He slowly rises back up and, one step at a time, hands up in the air, moves backwards, away from Darann, and away from the exist of the cave, towards the door behind him.
TWELVE
Twelve, in the meantime, moves to the southernmost door and opens it. Behind it is a room with a natural pool, green with algae. There's frogs hopping around and two people catching them. Hearing the door open, they turn around and stare at Twelve in bewilderment.

Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Dwarve15
Cave youth
The knife he was using to gut a frog is still dripping blood as one of the two adolescents stammers:
"W... Who... are you?"
CURRENT MAP
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Dwarve17
Twelve
Twelve

Sat May 21, 2022 3:52 pm
Twelve starts walking to the boys.
I was sent by the guard. Seems like these people have been eaten good folks... But you're not like that, is you?
Twelve puts his hands to his weapons as he is walking.
Gunderson!!
Twelve
Twelve

Sun May 22, 2022 12:40 am
Twelve recognises the danger, backs up a step and draws his sword.
Now you better put that knife down kid
Intimidation 6

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Sun May 22, 2022 10:36 am
Darann stares back at the Cave dweller, maul raised in the air.
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Mon May 23, 2022 2:24 pm
Seeing the cave dweller backing away towards a door, with Darann just staring at him, and Twelve calling for help from the other room, Gunderson decides that the needs to try to alleviate tensions here and then go help Twelve in the other room.

"Did you ever notice that your nose is just the complete wrong shape for the rest of your face?" Gunderson magically says to the backpedalling cave dweller, attempting to cause just a little bit of psychic damage that will put the cave dweller back to sleep, and maybe shake his self confidence a little when he wakes back up.

((wisdom save DC 13))
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue999/999Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)

Mon May 23, 2022 2:52 pm
TWELVE

Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Dwarve15
Cave youth
Twelve retreats slightly, so only one opponent can reach him at a time. The young man charges after Twelve, but keeping the dwarf's previous words, the sword pointed at him, and the dead and captured fellow dwellers behind Twelve, which are now in his view, he gladly takes the way out that Twelve offers. He still holds onto his knife, not letting his guard down entirely, but he does raise both hands in the air, palms open. The knife is still kept between his thumb and index finger.

"Sorry, mister! I didn't mean to attack you, mister. I hope I didn't inconvenience you, mister."
DWARVENBANGER

Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Dwarf_29
Cave dweller
Hearing what Dwarvenbanger has to say about his nose really hurts the retreating man's feelings!
"NO! That's the thing I'm sensitive about!"
He smacks the back of his hand against his forehead and loosely falls backwards as he faints.
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Mon May 23, 2022 2:58 pm
Seeing his sick burn effectively incapacitating the cannibal cave dweller, Gunderson turns and rushes across the room to see what Twelve is calling him for.

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Mon May 23, 2022 5:55 pm
Darann sighs.
Well, that was underwhelming. Guess we'll be taking them to the authorities then
He points to the cave dweller.
That one's your problem now Gunny

Darann then starts walking over in the direction of Twelve and Gunderson
Now what the hell is going on over there. Can't we just get out of here? This place is starting to give me a headache!
Twelve
Twelve

Sat May 28, 2022 6:59 am
Once they leave on the boat, Twelve sits on the near the cannibals, watching them very carefully
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:14 pm
Gunderson and Darann arrive in the room with Twelve, and see that there are two more fine young cannibals who are surrendering to Twelve. Twelve, Darann, and Gunderson collect the youths' weapons and tie them up with the rest of the cannibals. With that task accomplished, Gunderson says,

"I don't think we'll be able to get all of these people back across the lake on that rickety raft. I'll take the Trees Company troupe back to the Silver Buckler, and I'll bring Waldo back here to deal with these cannibals.

But, first, we should finish clearing out this cave to make sure there aren't any more kids with knives lurking around."

Darann and Gunderson head to the last remaining unexplored door. Darann opens it (with however much force is required).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:31 pm
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Dwarf_32
The two dwarves open the door and, through a short hallway, arrive in what seems like the bedroom. It's lined with beds on either side of the walls. One of the beds is occupied by a very, very old man. His frail frame lays on top of the straw mattress, his head facing up. His eyes have a milky colour and a blank shine about them. Only a few thin wisps of white hair adorn the wrinkled face, along with a bewildered, pale white beard.

Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Dwarf_33
Cave elderly elder

"Felix? Is that you? Is that you, Felix? Did you bring the herbs I asked you? Did you, Felix? The herbs, did you bring them? Felix?"
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:49 pm
Gunderson regards the, presumably, patriarch of the cannibals.

"Nope," he says. [b]"Not Felix."

Turning his attention to Darann, he says "Alright. I think you can probably handle this guy on your own. I'm going to head back to the mainland with the Trees Company. I'll be back as soon as I can."

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:14 pm
Darann sighs,

Alright, old-timer. Just stay where you are. It doesn't look like you got a lot of time left on this plane, but if you try anything funny I'll make sure it's even shorter.

He then turns around, walks back into the cave, and sits on a stool in the middle of the cave with his forehead pinched between his fingers, as he keeps watch over the prisoners
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:46 pm
Darann
As Darann turns the corner in the hallway between the bed chamber and the main cave, he hears a loud blast coming from the bed chamber, followed by some weak coughing. At the edge of his hearing, he hears some faint, weak muttering:

Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Dwarf_33
Cave elderly elder

"Oh Felix... I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry, Felix..."
Dwarvenbanger
Dwarvenbanger makes it out of the cave with the burlesque troupe in tow, back to the spot where he's to meet the fisherman. After a while, the fisherman arrives, picks Dwarvenbanger up and takes him on another nauseating trek across the water. Back in the city, Gunderson makes his way to the tavern, where Waldo's casually drinking some beer while chatting with the barkeep. After hearing Gunderson's report, Waldo drums up a few guard boats and a handful of armed men and go back to the Verdant Isles, the dwarven bard guiding them.

As he arrives, he sees Twelve and Darann watching over the captive cave dwellers.

Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Waldo10
Waldo
"Good afternoon, folks. I see you guys cleaned up house pretty well! Are these all the folks? You guys say they have been eating people?"

Waldo looks over all the cave dwellers and stops at the baby. His shoulders slump for a moment, a barely audible sigh escaping. Gathering his composure, he walks back in front of the tied-up captives.

"As I understand, these folks have eaten the missing folks and were about to eat the troupe of dwarves that were to perform in the Silver Buckler. Is that correct?"
Twelve
Twelve

Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:01 pm
Yes. They would be eating us I'm sure, with the fight they put up.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:23 pm
Rivers of Silver to Coasts of Gold - Page 9 Waldo10
Waldo
"Their descriptions match the ones given to us by the Trees Company troupe, except one person doesn't seem to be accounted for. My count here is off by one. Are you sure nobody ran off?"
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum