Journey of Dwarves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
derputmeister@hotmail.com

Character sheet
Name: Darann Flashheart
Lvl:
HP:
A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue13/13A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)

A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Empty Re: A Whole New World: Chasing Worms

Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:07 pm
With a clearly impressed expression on his face, Darann says.
Nice ... what's a memento?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Lvl: 99
HP:
A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue999/999A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)
https://journeyofdwarves.forumotion.com

A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Empty Re: A Whole New World: Chasing Worms

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:55 pm
A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Dwarf_22
Captain Boulderbeard
Recognizing the logo and drawings on the playbill, Boulderbeard looks up at Gunderson.

"You starred in this? Ginny from farmer Jack was raving about it last week. She says it's the best she's ever seen and really brings out my good side. I don't quite know what to make of that latter comment, but Ginny's a good girl. Surely she doesn't mean anything with it."
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Name: Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Lvl:
HP:
A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue17/17A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (17/17)

Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:49 am
"I did star in it. That is so nice of Ginny to say! It's completely true, of course. But still, so nice of her to say. Tell you what,"

Gunderson rifles through his pack again and pulls out another playbill, and he signs this one addressed to Ginny.

"Why don't you give this to her next time you see her. And tell her Gunderson Dwarvenbanger says thanks for appreciating me."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Lvl: 99
HP:
A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue999/999A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)
https://journeyofdwarves.forumotion.com

Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:09 am
A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Dwarf_22
Captain Boulderbeard
The old captain takes the playbill and pockets it.

"Aye, I'll give her the paper. She'll be over the moon, I'm sure!"

He grabs his sword from the worm's mouth, cleans it and walks off.

"I've got plenty of paperwork to do. This incident needs reporting. Ahhh by my grandma's platemail, I didn't survive so many battles just to sit at a desk, pushing papers. Come with me, laddies! There's food and now free bunks at the guardhouse. You all look like you can use a warm meal and a good night sleep."

He walks off to the guardhouse, and everyone follows him.
A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Dwarf-10

The moment you enter the guardhouse, the early night's chill melts away thanks to a crackling fireplace. Lazy bubbling can be heard from the cauldron hanging above the fire. A bar with drinks is tucked away at one side of the fire. The other has several benches. The place is empty, except for captain Boulderbeard and one lone dwarf, built as average as they come, with hair blonder than what you've seen on most dwarves, and emerald green eyes. He's sitting at a bench, hunched over a plate of steaming beet and rabbit stew. The old captain grabs a bowl from behind the bar, scoops something out of the cauldron and motions everyone to grab some food themselves as well.

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:
A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue13/13A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)

Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:09 am
Before entering, Darann spends a few seconds talking to his 3 halfling retainers and then points towards a stable next to the guardhouse, with slumped shoulders the 3 start walking towards the stable.
Twelve
Twelve

Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:00 pm
Twelve looks up over the bowl in his hands at the Captain and grunts, "i's gud." as he points with his spoon at the cauldron. He sounds foreign to you with an accent from a place you cannot quite guess at. He is dressed well for a beggar or poorly for a thief, you cannot decide. He wears no armour though something shaped like is contained in the bag at his feet. He wears 3 blades at his left side: 1 is a rapier that has seen better days, the other 2 are mismatched daggers. He stands about average height for a Dwarf but is slighter than you first think.

Last edited by Twelve on Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Erlanger Dungrath
Erlanger Dungrath

Character sheet
Name: Erlanger Dungrath
Lvl:
HP:
A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue12/12A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:48 pm
Erlanger thinks, "don't mind if I do", walks over the bar and grabs a few spoonful of the stew. He heads near the blonde dwarf, sets his bowl and equipment on the table, and sits.

Hey there partner, don't believe I've seen you before. My name is Erlanger. Some friends call me Eightfingers.

Erlanger holds up both hands and, on his left hand, the pinky and ring finger are missing with only nubs in their place. He wiggles them for added effect. He then begins to shovel food in his mouth while stopping once in a while to tweak his homunculus, Munk.

What brings you here? Where you from, friend?
Twelve
Twelve

Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:44 pm
"Well met my finger lacking friend,"
he smiles in a sincere grin.
"Dunno. Came to be in a place named Shakalu Biriz. I's a city on the sea. Worked as a thief for a while but then go' in trouble with the fuzz. Dun't work for the guild no more, as such. People rand 'ere say I speaks funny."
He slurps another spoon of stew,
"Dunno why."
Looking up at Erlanger,
"What about yurself, Eightfingers?"

Last edited by Twelve on Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:24 pm
As Darann enters the room, he leaves a thin red trail on the floor. It seems something has gotten stuck under his boot that he is now dragging along. It looks like a bloody tube about a meter long.
Erlanger Dungrath
Erlanger Dungrath

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:
A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue12/12A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:54 am
Me? I'm from the city of Zigil-Dûm. Born and raised there. My dad is an alchemist there, taught me all about chemicals and magics. Me though, I'm too lazy and impatient for all that, so I'm a bit of an inventor. See..

Erlanger puts his hands on his robot, Munk and, after a moment of purple glow, it comes to life.

Munk, go to the bar and get me an ale. Get one for my friend here too.

Erlanger places Munk on the ground and it spins in the direction of the bar. Erlanger looks back at Twelve.

Shakalu Biriz, I have heard of that place. That explains your strange accent. But a thief you say? I hope you'll mind your hands from my pockets.
Twelve
Twelve

Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:16 am
"I've bin a thief and a foundling but since the Brothers of the Still Mind took me in I have learnt that thieving isn't what I'd like to do wiv me life. I'm out for adventuring see, until I've found my destiny... Or sum such rubbish."
Twelve looks at Munk,
"Wat's that then?"

Last edited by Twelve on Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:26 pm
Darann moves further into the room, the thing that got stuck under his boot dislodges and is now lying in a puddle of red muck in the center of the tavern.
Darann strolls over towards the table with Erlanger and the blonde dwarf and with a heavy metal thunk he sits down on the bench beside Erlanger. He extends his hand towards the blond dwarf.
Darann Flashheart
Twelve
Twelve

Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:08 pm
Twelve stares at Darann.
"You’re a big chap, aintcha? My name is Twelve!"
He grasps the hand and gently applies the smallest amount of pressure as a reassuring touch.

Last edited by Twelve on Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:47 pm
Darann gives Twelve a firm handshake with his metal gauntlet.
Aye, I've spend many hours training for combat with me brother Dorann.
Darann takes off his metal helmet and places it down on the table.
Also, this metal armor offers great protection, but by Tyr is it heavy.
Darann continues
So what brings you to these parts?
Twelve
Twelve

Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:48 am
"The prospect of adventure... mainly. What are you lot up to? And what is that thing?"
pointing at Munk.
Erlanger Dungrath
Erlanger Dungrath

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:48 am
Munk? I think the easiest way to explain it is that I've learned how to use magic to give objects purpose.  Here, let me show you.

Erlanger plucks a piece of potato from the stew and holds it in his hands.  Concentrating, the potato glows blue and he places it on the table.  In seconds, dwarven letters appear in the air that read, Darann, you tracked some red muck into the tavern.  After a moment, when he feels the two dwarfs have read the message, he picks up the potato and pops it in his mouth making the letters disappear.  

Darann, Gunderson, Thrazar and I fought some metallic wolf thing.  I don't know how it worked but it gave me an idea to take some of its parts and imbue it with magic.

Munk returns with two ales and Erlanger passes one to Darann and Twelve.

Munk, get two more ales, this stew has made me thirsty.

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:16 pm
Darann watches the scene and mumbles.
That's amazing
Then he grabs a bowl of food and starts eating as if nothing happened.
Twelve
Twelve

Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:00 am
Twelve looks at Munk as it heads to the bar, then at the space where the words appeared, back to Munk, then Darann and finally at Erlanger...
That's some seriously magical stuff.
He looks back to the Captain.
You see that?
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:
A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue17/17A Whole New World: Chasing Worms - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (17/17)

Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:51 am
"Did someone say something about serious magical stuff? " Gunderson says, making his way to the table from across the room.
"That's nothing," he says, casually reaching into one of his many pockets and brandishing a deck of cards. He gives the cards a few quick shuffles, causing a sharp crack each time he bridges the cards. He fans them in one hand and extends the hand towards Twelve.
"Pick a card. Any card."
Twelve
Twelve

Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:23 am
Twelve picks the twelfth card from the top

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:54 pm
Darann looks up from his bowl of food and extends his arm towards the cards.
He looks at Gunderson expectingly, hoping he will also be offered to pick a card.
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:14 pm
"Look at your card and memorize it, then give it to Darann. Darann, please sign the card and place it back in the deck."
He hands Darann a quill to sign the card with.
Twelve
Twelve

Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:28 pm
Twelve dutifully memorises the card and hands it to Darann.
You can write?

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:06 pm
Darann gives Twelve a dirty look as he grabs the card.
Of course I can write. I went to the finest schools in the city and was tutored by the best teachers money can buy.
Darann puts a big "D" on the card with a curly at the bottom and places the card back in the deck.
Twelve
Twelve

Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:14 pm
I can’t. Not well
Sponsored content