Journey of Dwarves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
derputmeister@hotmail.com

Character sheet
Name: Darann Flashheart
Lvl:
HP:
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue13/13The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)

The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Empty Re: The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm

Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:38 pm
Darann and his companions lift the mechanical wolf and begin carrying it out of the cave. They start making their way back to where they came from. Eager to show their find to the king.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name: Dungeon Master
Lvl: 99
HP:
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue999/999The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)
https://journeyofdwarves.forumotion.com

Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:39 pm
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Dwarf_12

The strongest of the party throw the metal creature over their shoulders and lug it back. Passing over the bridge where the party fought the goblins, the oil that drips from the various tubes makes little sizzling sounds as it hits the lava. After a long trek back, the team starts coming across other dwarves once more. They give the occasional odd look at the apparatus you drag along. During the whole trek back, you don't hear any noise from the air shafts anymore. The only noises are your footsteps, the hissing and bubbling from the lava river, the occasional rock that gets kicked and a watery drip now and then.

Eventually, you arrive at the main shaft, and hike your way up to the throne hall.

The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Dwarf_11

You walk between the pillars, leaving oil stains on the ornate carpet as you pass. When reaching the platform on which king Brightshield resides, you slam the metal wolf on the floor and kneel.

The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Oscar_11
King Brightshield
The king's voice booms through the hall, reverberating against every stone surface.: "You have returned. Pray tell me, have you eliminated the threat? Are the mines secure once more?"
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Name: Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Lvl:
HP:
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue17/17The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (17/17)

Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:21 pm
This thing appears to have been the threat. It was a lot more lively before Darann and Thrazar here chopped and mashed it to bits. It seems like some sort of mechanical dog. Erlanger took a look at it, but was unable to determine how it came to be animated. We thought that you would like to have the chassis here, as it were, to invest some more time in study of it to determine what it is and how it worked.

We also came upon the bodies of Tordrus Lightboots, Bardohr Silverstorm, Rannur Frozenpass, Dulkahm Thunderheart ... and ... Horryl Mighthand. A team should be sent down to recover their bodies and give them proper burials.
Erlanger Dungrath
Erlanger Dungrath

Character sheet
Name: Erlanger Dungrath
Lvl:
HP:
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue12/12The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:00 pm
Your highness, maybe if I have more time to study this wonderful creature I could tell you more about it.

Erlanger tries to wipe away some of the oil off his hands by brushing them on his pants.

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue13/13The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/13)

Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:28 am
Darann falls on one knee. He bangs a closed fist on his breastplate as a salute to the king.

My liege! We have vanquished a gang of goblins in the mines. Then deeper in we found the bodies of our dead comrades like Gunderson said and we destroyed ... whatever this is ... But there is more! I suspected foul Orc play so I searched the cavern where we found it and I discovered footprints of something else. Much bigger and heavier than anything I have ever encountered before. Therefore there can be only one conclusion.

Daran waits a few seconds for dramatic effect.

MECHANIZED ORC ROBOT PEOPLE!

Darann sighs and looks around the room to see if the gravity of the situation is sinking in.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue999/999The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)

Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:06 pm
King Brightshield
"Excellent! You have my thanks for clearing up the mines. No doubt have you done this for the good of the city. I wish to reward you nonetheless."

The king motions one of the guards to bring a small chest over. It is placed in front of everyone, and opened up. It contains 200g in total.

"You have earned every single coin, setting such a great example for all of dwarvenkind!"

((Everyone also levels up to lvl. 2))
Thrazar Axestone
Thrazar Axestone

Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:06 am
Thrazar bows his head.

The kings of yore slumber easy with you in charge. You are fair and just, King Brightshield, and I thank you most sincerely.

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:28 am
Darann coughs
Forgive me sire, but from what we have seen, this is likely not the last we have seen of this threat. We still have no idea why this thing was here. And the mechanized Orc robot is still at large.

Darann stands up again and straitens his back to look as large as possible.
My king! We hereby volunteer to continue investigating this danger to the empire! Rakhas Zunshzahhar might be a good place to start!
Erlanger Dungrath
Erlanger Dungrath

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue12/12The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/12)

Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:16 pm
Like the cogs working within the wolf, Erlanger's mind spins with the thoughts of an automated canine.

How is it done? With magic? It must be with magic. I'm going to study this toni...

Erlanger's head snaps up at Darann's volunteer for the group to revisit the danger.

Err, yes my lord. Perhaps we should revisit the danger and make sure all is safe.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:39 pm
King Brightshield
For a few moments, king Brightshield strokes his beard while staring scrutinizingly at the stack of scrap. "You may be right, sir Darann. This... thing doesn't just pop out of the rocks. It's not a goblin or other minor vermin. It seems l..."
Before the king can finish his sentence, there's a ruckus in the hallway. A guard comes inside, trots to the throne and kneels in front of the monarch.

The old king looks over to the four of you.

The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Dwarf_18
Guard
"My liege, some sort of... creature... jumped out of the air vents at the market. It knocked over several merchants' stalls, then darted out of the main gate. The merchants are very upset about the goods that got damaged and demand compensation!"

King Brightshield
"Great heroes of Zigil-Dûm! You heard the guard. As you already have noticed, we cannot let this thing roam around, creating havoc. The merchants in the square have seen it and are very upset. Imagine what it will do to our reputation if this thing wreaks havoc all over the world! I implore you to bring this creature to a halt, for all of dwarvenkind!"

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:20 pm
Darann jumps up to his feet. Without saying a word he runs towards his halfling servants. One of them is holding Darann's shield and Warhammer and he grabs them and pulls them out of the servants hands with such force that the poor boy almost gets dragged to the ground.
Let's go boys! The last one at the market buys the drinks tonight.
Darann sprints out of the throne room towards the market. The 3 halflings quickly gather their things and start heading towards the market in a lazy jog.
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue17/17The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (17/17)

Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:03 pm
Gunderson's mouth gapes open as his head swivels between Darann and Erlanger, as they spout nonsense about there being orcs and more work to do in the mines. Then when the guard comes in and seems to confirm, at least, Erlanger's apparent suspicion that there is more to investigate here, Gunderson's jaw drops even lower.

He watches as Darann bolts from the throne room, and his shoulders sag.

I'll be right behind you

he mutters under his breath as he trudges along out of the throne room after Darann.
Erlanger Dungrath
Erlanger Dungrath

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:48 am
Erlanger turns to Thrazar, his last adventuring companion still there, and says,

I guess we're going now.

Along the way, Erlanger starts putting together some of the wolf's cogs and makes a rudimentary homunculus servant.  Using a new technique he has been practicing, he imbues a bit of magic into the robot.  

Maybe this is how the wolf works.

The servant's cogs begin to turn and the robot begins to look around, taking in the new world around it.

The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 71p8xr10
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:26 pm
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Dwarf_19

The party makes its way out the throne room and onto the market square. The chilly air is in stark contrast to the warmth from the throne room. The smell of sundry spices, poignant perfumes and manifold meats penetrate your nostrils. Carts and stalls from all sizes line the middle of the streets, while colorful canopies and signboards line the outer edges. The space in-between is filled up with a mass of folks from all walks of life. A cacophony of chatter and salesmen shouts assault your ears. People drum around carts and stalls of various sizes and colors. The only things that could attest to the ruckus from earlier, are a plump merchant picking up shards of glassware around his stall, and a slim human merchant who's clearly upset, standing next to his knocked-over cabbage cart. Guards can be seen on every corner, on edge but vigilant. Behind you is the entrance to the palace grounds. At the other end of the square is the main gate outside. The entrance to the main shaft is nearby.
Erlanger Dungrath
Erlanger Dungrath

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:14 pm
Erlanger walks to the cabbage stall and stands next to the merchant.  He looks at the fallen vegetables and shakes his head.

Heads will roll, am I right?

He bursts out laughing and now looks at the merchant.

Get it?  Heads will roll! It has two meanings.  Cabbage, like this, are called heads and they have rolled on the floor and you, sir, look like someone who is thinking, 'heads will roll'.   That is an expression meaning someone should be punished.

Now, onto serious business.  The king has sent us here to deal with this problem.  Please, tell me what happened.  I hear it was some kind of creature.  Tell me what it looked like.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Character sheet
HP:

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:18 am
The Beginning: Zigil-Dûm - Page 4 Cabbag10
Cabbage Merchant
The cabbage merchant is visibly disstressed.
He agitatedly screams: "MY CABBAGES! OH LORD MY CABBAGES! MY LIVELIHOOD!"
The old man falls to his knees and starts to quietly sob. "My... cabbages.... Ohhhhh my priceless cabbages... My cabbages! Ohhhh..."

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:40 am
Darann arrives at the market before any of the others. Breathing heavily he begins shoving people to the side as he makes his way to the center looking for Brumdek Longblade who should be in charge here.
Excuse me, coming through ... Official business for the king please step aside ... sorry ... coming through ... MOVE FOOL! ... coming through

Code:
Perception: 2

Unable to find him Darann starts yelling.
HAS ANYONE SEEN BRUMDEK LONGBLADE! OFFICAL BUSINESS FOR THE KING. I'M LOOKING FOR BRUMDEK LONGBLADE!
Darann looks angrily towards the merchant who is also yelling about his cabbages making his own yelling less audible.
Thrazar Axestone
Thrazar Axestone

Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:30 pm
Thrazar looks around the market stalls. Too much noise and not enough ale. He's fine with Darann taking the lead. He'd like to slap the cabbage merchant but refrains.
Erlanger Dungrath
Erlanger Dungrath

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:08 pm
Erlanger walks with Darann over to where he sees Dwarvenbanger and Thrazar talking to a merchant. He catches the end of a conversation about orcs and powders and is not sure what that has to do with a giant worm.

He puts a hand on Dwarvenbanger's shoulder and says,

Hey DB and Thrazar, I'm glad we found you two. Darann and I just got word that it was a giant worm that ripped through here. You have better luck getting any info?
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:34 pm
I don't think this was just a normal giant worm. There are no giant worms anywhere near here. And this merchant told me that it was made of metal... I think we had better try to track it down. It appears we have not cleared the mines of metal creatures after all.
Erlanger Dungrath
Erlanger Dungrath

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:27 pm
Aye, you’re right. Which way did it go?
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:37 pm
Out the main gate.

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:38 pm
Darann spits on the ground and cracks his knuckles.
Orcs, metal worms, cabbage merchants ... as long as it bleeds we can kill it.
Darann stands there for a few seconds as he remembers the metal dog actually didn't bleed.
He shrugs and begins walking towards the gate
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger
Gunderson Dwarvenbanger

Character sheet
Lvl:
HP:

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:42 pm
Gunderson sighs. It does not look like he's going to make tonight's performance. Hopefully his understudy is actually prepared this time.

He follows after Darann towards the gate.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum